September 9, 2016

OMG How Did I Miss This? A Female Spy Movie You Have To See- #HiddenGems and Other #Funny #Surprises

I'm feeling a love/hate sort of thing right now.  I love finding movie gems on cable that I skipped at the theater.  However at the same time, I hate the fact these amazing movies missed the mark when they were being advertised.  As a result, I along with many other potential audiences missed it.

Fortunately for me, I saw it and cable and got to see this amazingly funny movie!

My first pick is Spy (2015) starring Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Jason Statham and Jude Law.



This movie is fucking hilarious-- and the word 'fuck' and its various combinations are about as numerous as the action and excellent jokes inside this is an excellent movie!

The film follows the transformation of desk-bound CIA analyst Susan Cooper (McCarthy) into a field agent who attempts to foil the black market sale of a suitcase nuke.

According to the Wikipedia article where I got the blurb for this movie, it also states that Spy did well at the box office and received critical acclaim.  

I think this movie should have blown up the box office because it is that good.  However my post is not a review but more of a showcase of the movie's funny banter and excellent wit.  

Here are a few samples....







Susan Cooper (Melissa McCarthy- the bumbling yet surprisingly resourceful and gritty CIA agent): And here’s to you. I mean you may never be as wise as an owl, but you’ll always be a hoot to me.

Rayna Boyanov (Rose Byrne- the snooty Bulgarian arms dealer): What a stupid fucking retarded toast. You’re delightful.

Susan Cooper: As are you.

----





Rayna Boyanov: Why would my father hire somebody like you?

Susan Cooper: Because he trusted me. And for whatever fucking reason, he loved you. Didn’t even want you to know I was watching you. So he was the one that made me come up with this whole loser Penny Morgan bullshit. Yeah, “Oh, you look just like my dead mama.” And fuck you for saying I look anything like that fucking beast. No wonder your father never had the son he wanted. You fuck that monster once and you just drop the fucking mic and walk out.


---



Susan Cooper: Maybe I should be married to one of the dolls just to make it extra sad. "Ten cats"—wh—why do I have "ten cats"? Is that even legal… Just missing a shirt that says I've never felt the touch of a man.

----

Those are some of the gems you will find in this movie.  Spy is a hilarious parody of the Bond movies and all of its clones. Though it's ad campaign left a lot to be desired, yeah I actively avoided the movie because of it. Fortunately, I'd forgotten about the whole thing when I decided to finally watch it.

I tell you I was not disappointed and it has a kick-ass opening song to boot!

Check it out. It's on cable/satellite now as well as being available on DVD.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!