September 15, 2014

Lies, Deceits and Secrets - Not a Good Way to Begin a Relationship. A Guy and A Girl; A New Adult Contemporary Romance by Victoria Adams




Blurb

After an ugly past forced Hunter Connolly to escape to Europe, the talented hockey player is back in North America and determined to land a position with a professional team. But he can’t hide from his past forever, especially when his beautiful classmate, Chelsea, forces him to reexamine his life. Soon, hockey is not his first priority anymore.

Chelsea Henderson is a bright co-ed working towards her dream of being a professional dancer. She forms a unique friendship with one of her father’s newest recruits and would love nothing more than to take it to the next level. However, there’s just one small problem. He doesn’t know she’s his coach’s daughter.

Amid the deceptions, danger lurks closer than they could ever imagine. Will fate contrive to rip the young lovers apart? Or will Hunter and Chelsea have their shot at love?


Excerpt 

Hunter is finding it difficult to stay faithful to Chelsea. Hunter works parttime as a server in a bar.

"Ladies room anyone?" DeeDee stood. "Back in a flash." She strode over to the bar. Hunter finished giving his latest drink order to the bartender.

She stepped closer and ran her fingertips up his arm. "Do you ever get a break or is it just work, work, work?" Before he answered, she continued, "Because if you do get a break, I suggest we find some quiet place and maybe I could relieve some of your work-related tension."

"Chelsea's the only one who relieves my tension. You know girlfriend-boyfriend thing." He stepped to the left, leaving space between him and Chelsea's cousin.

"Chelsea's such a wussy little thing. You need someone more..." She ran her tongue across her top lip and inhaled deep enough that her chest almost rose to her chin.

"Dying to know what word you're going to fill into that empty space you left hanging."
 She leaned closer and rubbed her breasts against his arm. "Wouldn't you prefer a woman who throws herself at you?"

"And any other male in the room."

"Bastard."

Hunter picked up a tray of drinks. "I doubt any male has ever said no to you, but I am. I like Chels, and I don't want to mess that up with some... slam bam. Go sink your fangs into somebody else."

An angry sneer crossed her face. "There's nothing else in this godforsaken hole in the ground. You're the most eligible piece of meat here."

Hunter raised an eyebrow at the term meat. "The answer's no." He stepped forward to deliver the drinks.

"Fuck you!" She slammed her hand under the tray and tossed the contents down Hunter's chest then disappeared into the crowd.

He dropped the empty tray on the bar.

"I take it you need two beers, four shots of Tequila and a Sex on the Beach?" The bartender grinned.

Hunter sighed, nodded then pushed his way through the crowd to the employees' lounge. He grabbed a handful of paper towels and wiped the sticky drinks off his chest and pants. The click of the door made him look up. 

 Chelsea's other twin cousin walked across the room unbuttoning her blouse. "My sister's such a bitch. Me. I'm more upfront. I know what I like and I know how to get it. And I like you." She dropped her blouse and reached behind, released her bra and allowed it to fall.

Hunter snorted. "Tag team seduction. If one of you fails the other gets tagged and goes in for the kill?"

Standing feet apart, hands fluffing the hair at the base of her neck, Chelsea's cousin smiled. "We could quite exhaust you, you know."

Buy link – 

Exclusively at - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2GRD1U



Bio - 

I'm Victoria Adams. I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband and pets. Daughter's grown up and is now teaching. I like to garden, cook and belly dance. In the summer, cars slow down when they pass my front yard and the passengers gaze at my flower beds. Friends love to be invited over for supper as the meal is going to be good, good for you and nowhere near low-calorie! No dieting allowed at dinner parties. As to belly dancing, find a class and try it. It's a blast!

I've been writing since I was little. Being an only child, long car rides were filled with making up stories in my head about the people I saw out the car window. When my daughter was younger, I made up stories that she suggested. I'd say – Once upon a time there was a…. She'd shout an answer – chicken! And the story went from there. Great creativity exercise as it turns out. Now, my writing style has taken a split to contemporary romance for adults and contemporary romance for new adults.


Where to find me

Blog – Victoria's Pages of Romance – http://victoriaadams.blogspot.com

FaceBook - http://www.facebook.com/victoriaadams.romancewriter

Facebook Author Page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Victoria-Adams/244325918978641 

Facebook – Books By Victoria Adams http://www.facebook.com/CirclesTrilogy?ref=hl

Twitter – http://twitter.com/_VictoriaAdams

Website - http://victoriaadamsromance.wix.com/victoria-adams

Google+ - Victoria Adams

Wattpad - http://www.wattpad.com/user/VictoriaAdams

Plus – Triberr, Amazon Author, LinkedIn, SocialOmph, Goodreads etc




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me drop by. Sorry I couldn't be here yesterday - life issues got in the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!