November 8, 2015

Review: A Little Yule Magick by Skye Ritchey



This was refreshing and festive read for the holiday season.  I found it to be an interesting take on the holiday season with out the usual touches of Santa everywhere, nothing wrong with that mind you because I too like Santa, but it's nice to read something different once in a while.

Here's the blurb:  Sygin and Boyd are adept mages, looking forward to their winter break. Being alone in the big manor for Yule is their most cherished tradition. But a series of mishaps may keep them from their celebratory festivities.

It was a world fit for Harry Potter fans who like a story with hot and steamy erotic touch.  I must be honest, I was initially drawn to the book because of the cute and cozy cover.  It is very Christmasy.  Is that a word?  I believe it is-- at least for now.

Anyways, once I started, I kept reading because of the hot romance between the lead mages Boyd and Sygin.  They are lovers who practice magick... and with a guy like Boyd, I'd know what I'd do-- but that's not important now.

Back to the story, the contrast between light and darkness, white and black magick was very engaging. Not to mention the way they (Boyd and Sygin) taught the students to defend themselves while still stepping in like great mentors should when battling the forces of evil, added to my enjoyment.

I recommend this as a fun and saucy holiday read with a bit of danger to keep you on the edge of your seat.


---

Buy Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QZPJVK4?keywords=skye%20ritchey&qid=1446865714&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!