April 14, 2013

A Mohawk Warrior and a Frontier Teacher Find Love in this Gripping Historical Romance!




Thanks for having me!  I’m excited to tell you about my latest historical romance release, Blackbird. 



Blurb:

Adahya, a Mohawk warrior aiding the British, wants no part of love--especially not with the chattering white woman he has just taken captive.  

Katherine St. James, a teacher at a frontier mission, will stop at nothing to return to the man she has always loved, Reverend Joshua Knox.  

Adahya’s attraction for Katherine is threatening his plans to kill Knox.  Katherine is determined to save Joshua’s life…but Adahya is just as arousing as he is dangerous.  

In a fortnight’s journey wrought with danger and deception, Adahya and Katherine make the trek of a lifetime…and sleeping with the enemy might become a very distinct possibility… 


Excerpt:

The Indian slowly ran a hand down the side of her face.  “What do you do with Knox?”

“N-nothing.”

“Tell me.”  His fingers traced the curve of her jaw.  “Do not lie.  I will know.”

“I--”

“Tell me.”

“I’ve kissed him.”

The Indian lowered one arm.  “Kissed him?”

Katherine found her opportunity to escape and ducked from his trap.  She distanced herself yards from him.

“What does kissed him mean?”

Katherine stared at him, momentarily shaken.  He could not be serious.  But he looked serious.

“You’ve never kissed anyone before?”

He looked confused.  Panic turned to incredulousness and exploded into laughter.  Seeing his scowl, she covered her mouth.  

“Kissing is what people do to show that they care for one another.”

He seemed genuinely puzzled.

“What do Mohawks do to show their affection?” She should not have asked, but it was too late...  


End Excerpt...


I love to hear from readers!



My website is:  

http://www.always-a-story.com 

Or you can find me at my blog:  

http://nancyhenderson.blogspot.com 


Thanks for having me Clare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!